- Digital Advertising Sales Representative
The primary responsibility of the Account Executive is to drive and grow new business revenue from advertisers and their agencies by aligning their marketing objectives with a niche and highly engaged audience. This is a high-velocity, client-facing sales role requiring deep industry expertise, relationships and a proven ability for closing digital advertising deals.
The right candidate is aggressive, creative, and resourceful and must enjoy working in a highly entrepreneurial environment. The position requires outstanding sales and communication skills to develop and maintain advertising relationships.
• Responsible for the sale of educational marketing packages into the K-12 and Higher Education markets, and other education related markets.
• Aggressively pitch new business – Client direct and their digital agencies
• Understand the challenges that schools and universities face and demonstrate how the company’s marketing products can help to solve them.
• Actively engage in business development activities, including attending trade shows, sales meetings and workshops.
• Prepare proposals and respond to RFP’s
• Maintain pipeline of forecasted opportunities.
• Meet or exceed defined sales quota.
• Work with Advertising Operations to ensure the client’s needs are met
• Work with Finance team to ensure client payments are remitted
• Stay current with online advertising trends and innovations
Base salary with aggressive commission structure (10% commission of gross sales)
Desired Skills and Experience
• More than a year’s of successful digital sales experience within educational field, selling to K-12 and Higher Ed markets and other education-related markets in the assigned regions.
• Strong consultative sales skills, relationship building and customer services skills
• Knowledge of banner advertising, mobile advertising, video advertising and dedicated email marketing (eDM), their creative units/executions and current competitive landscape